Paid Traineeship at the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva
Traineeships in Delegations
The Delegation of the EU to the UN in Geneva is looking for paid interns starting from 15 March 2018 for a period of 3-4 months.
What we offer?
We are currently offering traineeships in the following sections:
• Human Rights
• Humanitarian and Migration
• Health and Labour
• Political, Press and Information
For further information of the work of each section please see here.
All interns will have an individual Traineeship Adviser and be included fully in the work and processes of the Delegation.
Are you eligible for remunerated traineeship?
You may apply for the traineeship if:
• You are a young graduate with a University diploma (at least Bachelor degree)
• You have less than 1 year of professional experience
• You are a national of an EU Member State, pre-accession State or from Switzerland
• You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions of more than 6 weeks
Additional requirements that would be an asset
• Knowledge of French would be a strong advantage; knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would also be advantages
What are the general rules?
• Duration: the traineeship can be up to a maximum of six months
selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of EUR 1200
: trainees are responsible for obtaining and covering the cost of necessary visa
: trainees have to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation
How to apply?
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter stating the first two choices for which sections you would like to apply by 23 February 2018 to the following email address: Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received is over, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. In case the selected candidate is not able to present all required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Documents to be provided only by the selected candidates
- Language certificates
- Extract from the "judicial record"
- Passport/ID card
- Insurance certificate (repatriation included)
- Medical certificate
- Signed traineeship agreement
• UN GENEVA